Roanoke, Virginia | Full-Time Direct Hire
We are in need of a full time, direct hire BCBA in Roanoke, VA.
The BCBA is responsible for coordinating all activities related to the BTS program. He/she is responsible for the administrative integrity of staff/program; the supervisor is responsible for weekly family training provided to care providers of clients. He/she is responsible for completing BTS psycho-social assessments. He/she is responsible for performing specialized tasks, i.e. marketing, collaboration with professionals in the community, attending and providing trainings. He/she will perform related duties as required.
1. Conducts comprehensive bio-psychosocial assessments with clients and their family for behavioral treatment services admissions which include appraisal of the individual/family system, evaluation of the needs of the individual including a functional assessment and development of an appropriate diagnosis as supported by the assessment and based on the DSM-5 diagnosis given by a physician. Additional criterion referenced assessments, treatment development, and functional analysis as necessary.
2. Meet weekly with BTS staff to discuss/provide feedback on behavioral interventions, practice/rehearse Applied Behavior Analysis strategies as indicated on the individualized service plans, provide support to ensure staff compliance with FPS policies and procedures, and address staff (home, school and FPS) concerns.
3. Supervises BTS records. Provides oversight of the Behavioral Treatment Services records, insuring timeliness and accuracy according to Virginia Medicaid standards.
4. Participates in the collection and review of data forms, and supports staff in using data to guide clinical practice.
5. Facilitates treatment team meetings.
6. Provides family and/or caregiver training weekly.
7. Oversees general operations and productivity of BTS program.
8. Participates in the assignment of BTS staff.
9. Provides 24-hour support to staff managing behavioral crises.
10.Supports staff with incident reporting.
11.Attends & provides training to maintain program integrity.
12.Participates in the writing of employee evaluations.
13.Participates in the interviewing, hiring and orientation of new staff.
14.Participate in training of new staff.
15.Maintains positive communications with community partners and referring workers.
16.Participates in marketing opportunities.
17.Responsible for growth and development of BCBA students through providing clinical supervision in accordance of the BACB and FPS standards.
Required Qualifications: Must be a Board Certified Behavior Analyst in good standing, and be licensed (LBA) in Virginia. Additional experience in providing counseling/ behavioral services to youth and their families as well as administrative/managerial experience is preferred. Specialized experience and training related to children, adolescents, and families affected by Autism and other developmental disabilities. Must be able to provide BCBA certification and Board of Medicine License upon hire; should the candidate not hold a current LBA in VA, FPS may allow a grace period in which it can be obtained. Demonstrated proficiency in clinical skills and ongoing supervision provided under the Regional or Clinical Director may be required. Completion of BACB approved supervisory training preferred.
• Child and Adolescent development/needs/behavior, with focus on ASD and other developmental disabilities.
• Child psychopathology and diagnostic categories, with focus on ASD and other developmental disabilities.
• Treatment planning and implementation, reviewing, and updating of Individualized service plans.
• Best Practices in clinical treatment interventions and current research practices
• Family systems and family dynamics
• Training and experience in implementing Applied Behavior Analysis
• Experience conducting Functional Assessment, implementing Positive Behavior Support Plans, and Data Analysis
• Medical/Clinical and Medicaid documentation standards and practices
• Community Resources and Natural Supports
• Interaction and Communication Strategies
• Cultural Competence
• Knowledge of mandated reporting requirements
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Recruiting Manager
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.