825 E Orange Grove Blvd. Pasadena, California 91104 | Full-Time Temp-to-Hire
We are in need of a Care Coordinator for a company in Pasadena, CA. (Permanent Supportive Housing) Program will engage, assess, and assist eligible clients with the housing navigation, including the lease-up process. The Care Coordinator will pro-actively meet with clients to provide supportive services to promote: housing retention, community integration, life skills, and improved health and wellness.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, but are not limited to the following:
- Accept, screen, and process referrals received from CES (Coordinated Entry System).
- Conduct intake and enrollment with eligible clients, including: assisting clients with gathering program eligibility documentation, and completing program intake forms.
- Assist clients with accessing temporary housing until permanent housing is secured.
- Support clients with the lease-up process, including: meeting with property management, reviewing and signing their lease, and obtaining household necessities.
- Develop individualized collaborative service plans with clients.
- Strive to recognize the best in each client and to support the meaningful change they seek through building relationships and utilizing motivational interviewing techniques and strength based case management techniques.
- Provide client engagement by welcoming the client to their new community, establishing trust through relationship building, assisting the client with understanding the services that are available and supporting client with accessing necessary supports and services, and addressing basic needs.
- Meet with each client on regularly scheduled basis and document progress and strength in progress notes.
- Provide home and field based services as appropriate and transport client as needed to essential appointments that support their wellbeing.
- Assist client with navigating and abiding by their lease obligations.
- Support clients with learning and practicing fiscal responsibility.
- Assist client with their physical and mental health needs by providing support and linkage to appropriate services.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge surrounding poverty, homelessness and social factors involved.
- Understanding of recovery model principles and practices.
- Ability to understand the needs of formerly homeless people with disabilities and to develop collaborative goals towards greater self-sufficiency and independence in the greater community.
- Ability to work autonomously with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Knowledgeable about services for homeless and low income individuals throughout Los Angeles County.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of chemical dependency, mental disorders and the effects of homelessness.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook), and HMIS Homeless Management Information System.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess valid California driver’ s license and have access to properly registered vehicle.
- Ability to speak Spanish fluently preferred.
If you are interested in further information please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Recruiting Manager
National Recruiting Manager
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.