Clinical Psychologist needed in Palm Springs
1695 N Sunrise Way Palm Springs, CA 92262
We are hiring for a FT and a PT Clinical Psychologist in Palm Springs. Under the direction of the Behavioral Health Manager, the Clinical Psychologist assists clients who are in need of Mental Health services through individual, couples, and/or group psychotherapy which is typically short term. The Clinical Psychologist will receive referrals from Behavioral Health, Primary Care and outside referral sources.
- Complete comprehensive Mental Health Assessments;
- Provide psychotherapy that reflects APA best practices for standard of care
- Develop a treatment plan, in collaboration with the client, that addresses mental health, substance use and other relevant issues, including short- and long-term treatment goals;
- Monitor progress toward treatment goals and support adherence to treatment plan;
- Complete thorough and timely documentation in the patient' s electronic health record;
- Refer to psychiatrist or higher level of care if appropriate;
- Maximize appropriate delivery of client service through coordinating efforts with medical providers, case managers and other departments as appropriate.
Required Education and Experience
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology;
- Experience and skill in utilizing various forms of psychotherapy, including cognitive/behavioral, interpersonal, dialectical behavioral, etc.;
- At least two years of experience working in a clinical setting as a therapist;
- Experience using an Electronic Health Record.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working in LGBTQ community;
- Experience working in FQHC or as a health psychologist;
- Experience working with persons with substance use problems.
License(s) and Certification(s)
- Active and Unrestricted License as Clinical Psychologist in the State of California;
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross accredited BLS Certification.