Director of Family Support Services
Rochester, NY 14607
We are assisting a outpatient service provider in their search for a Director of Family Support Services-Rochester, NY.
This position is responsible for overall oversight of the Family Support Services program and staff, including contract staff. This includes direct individual supervision of the Program Manager of Family Support Services, group supervision, serves as back up to Program Manager as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Licensed Master Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, or other Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts Required (master’ s degree). Successful candidates will have two years of progressive management experience in a public social services agency with an emphasis in administering programs, analyzing, and recommending solutions, systems procedures, and programs. The successful candidate will possess the leadership skills necessary to facilitate change, inspire teamwork, and at the same time be extremely adaptable and flexible. Qualified candidates will have experience overseeing staff who are responsible for a substantial segment of a public services operation.
- Minimum 5 years of experience providing Family Peer Support Services, with a minimum of 3 years as a credentialed FPA and 2 years supervising a Family Peer Advocate program.
- Personal lived experience as the parent or primary caregiver of a child who has experienced emotional/behavioral challenges is required.
- Professional Family Peer Advocate Credential or License in Mental Health preferred.
- Knowledge of and connection with community resources.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.