LVN or LPT needed in Pasadena, CA
Pasadena, California | Full-Time Temp-to-Hire
We are hiring for a full time temp/ temp to hire LVN or LPT to work in Pasadena.
This is a M-F position 8: 30AM-5PM
Hourly Rate $17 an hour
SUMMARY: The Wellness Care Coordinator will be based in the Adult Center and will work with all programs to support homeless patients who have been diagnosed with diabetes and referred by a local Federally Qualified Health Center RN Case Manager. The Wellness Care Coordinator will work with previously pre-screened homeless patients participating in the Wellness Care Coordination Model to support primary healthcare and social service needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accept, screen, and process referrals received from RN Case Manager.
- Conduct intake and enrollment with eligible clients, including: assisting clients with gathering program eligibility documentation, and completing program intake forms.
- Provide enhanced linkage to primary healthcare and social service support through the program annually.
- Patients in need of housing and social services will be offered these services
- Assist clients with accessing temporary housing until permanent housing is secured.
- Conduct comprehensive bio-psycho-social assessments.
- Develop individualized collaborative service plans for program participants.
- Strive to recognize the best in each patient and support the meaningful change they seek through building relationships and utilizing motivational interviewing techniques and strength based case management techniques.
- Meet with each patient on regularly scheduled basis and document progress and strength in progress notes/HMIS.
- Provide home and field based services as appropriate and transport program participants, as needed, to essential appointments that support their wellbeing.
- Assist program participants with their physical and mental health needs by providing support and linkage to appropriate services.
- Complete and submit required weekly and monthly program reports.
- Proof of graduation from an approved nursing program with an associate’ s degree or equivalent.
- California license as a RN, LPT, or LVN.
- Minimum of two years nursing experience working with clients who are very low income and/or experiencing homelessness.
- Two years-experience in case management or related role strongly desired.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and HMIS Homeless Management Information System.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of chemical dependency, mental disorders and the effects of homelessness.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of specific needs experienced by person living with diabetes.
- Possess valid California driver’ s license and have access to properly registered vehicle.
If you are interested in further information please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Recruiting Manager
National Recruiting Manager
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.