Security Officer -Pasadena, CA
Pasadena, California | Full-Time Direct Hire
We are hiring for a full time, temp/ temp to hire security officer in Pasadena, CA. The Security Officer ensures a safe environment for the staff, clients of and visitors. The Security Officer provides for the general welfare and safety of all persons who visit the facility or its grounds and promotes positive relationships with neighboring businesses and organizations. The Security Officer assists residents and patrons in accessing day services and provides information and referrals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, but are not limited to the following:
• Greet visitors and assist their access to the facility; promote a welcoming environment
• Complete verification of homelessness documentation.
• Distribute meal tickets and otherwise assist as needed with meal programs.
• Assist residents and patrons with accessing day services, such as shower program, medical clinic and legal clinic.
• Assist clients in completing forms and provide information and referrals as needed.
• Interact with clients to identify needs and provide support in accessing additional available resources.
• Complete client assessment forms.
• Prepare written reports as needed or requested by the Security Supervisor.
• Regularly walk surrounding neighborhood to help maintain cordial relationships with the neighboring business and non-profit agencies.
• Prepare and maintain a safe and secure work area; maintain visual surveillance of the public areas and maintain order as needed.
• Notify appropriate staff and law enforcement in situations that threaten the safety of personnel, clients or the security of the building.
• Notify staff in other locations of persons or problems that may affect their safety or working conditions.
• Assist visitors and staff to locate appropriate parking; ensure the safety of the volunteers as they enter and leave the parking lot at night.
• Provide transportation to residents as authorized by supervisor.
• Attend occasional meetings with local partner agency providers.
• Clear the patio area of all persons during the 12-step meeting and clear the premises of all visitors by 7: 30 PM.
• Accept and safely store all donations that arrive after hours or during the weekend.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must have experience working with a diverse population, including varied socio-economic backgrounds, circumstances such as homelessness, mental / physical health challenges, and other diverse needs.
• Experience working in a human services environment strongly desired.
• 2 or more years of professional experience providing crowd/people control preferred.
• Possession of or ability to obtain a valid California Security Guard Card strongly preferred.
Thursday and Friday, 11AM - 7: 30PM. Sat. and Sun., 7AM - 7: 30PM.
The rate is $12.50 an hour.
If you are interested and can interview and start quickly please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Recruiting Manager
National Recruiting Manager
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.