Temporary Residential Counselor
Monmouth Junctions, NJ 08852
The Residential Counselor is responsible for assisting consumers in access and maintenance of quality rehabilitative support services. Provides hands on support and promotes consumer independence by developing Individual Recovery Plans, establishing goals and monitoring progress. Duties minimally include onsite service and support communicating observations and information about the consumer to the Program Manager, RN and treatment team, supervising and organizing recreational and/or socialization activities; transportation; residential counseling, and documenting observations, information and services in progress notes.
- Assists consumers daily with activities of daily living, to include, but not limited to: Cleanliness/personal hygiene; money management and budgeting, household responsibilities/laundry/cooking/shopping, community involvement, benefits and entitlements, medical case management (doctor' s appointments, prescriptions, etc.), employment related, transportation navigation, education;
- Promotes wellness and recovery activities using evidence based best practices inclusive of Motivational Interviewing (MI), Illness Management and Recovery (IMR), Wellness and Recovery Action Plan (WRAP), and Integrated Dual Disorders Treatment (IDDT);
- Reviews service plans regularly to determine the need for continued social services and modifies as necessary;
- Documents observations and communicates information to Program Manager, RN and treatment team;
- Provides consumer counseling in achievement of identified goals
- Provides transportation and coordinates recreation activities;
- Oversight of medication administration within agency prescribed guidelines
- Other related duties
- Bachelor' s degree in mental health or Human Services from an accredited college or university (Psychology, Social Work, Psychiatric Rehabilitation), or the equivalents of four years experience/education in the field;
- First Aid and CPR Certified;
- Possess valid New Jersey Driver' s License;
This role pays $12 an hour.
If you are interested please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
National Recruiting Manager