Youth Care Specialist-Wooster, OH
Wooster, Ohio | Full-Time Temp-to-Hire
Psychpros is seeking Youth Care Specialists in Wooster, OH* to meet many basic physical and emotional needs of youth in a group home setting, including providing supervision, limit setting, participating in weekly team meetings, social training, meal preparation, medical attention, hygiene training, clothing needs, creating a safe and orderly environment, and facilitating recreation.
- Organizes cottage/facility schedule, including mealtimes, chores, showers, quiet time, individual and group recreation, group meetings, inventories, requisitions, laundry, medication and disciplinary work time. Complete incident reports, logs, and other various forms. Provide safe vehicle operation and report any vehicle needs when appropriate.
- Administers discipline for unacceptable behaviors and rewards for positive behaviors in accordance with the child’ s treatment plan and established policies. Uses appropriate techniques including, but not limited to, time out, withholding privileges, providing close supervision, and passive physical restraint. Mediates group or individual conflicts to help youth find solutions. Prevents problems by instructing residents about rules, consequences, and alternative behaviors during non-conflict times. Acts as a positive role model.
- Participates in the development and implementation of treatment plans for residents in their care. Sensitivity to cultural differences of children and their families. Maintains strict confidentiality of all records. Communicates effectively with the team/other staff, both verbally and in writing regarding treatment progress, planning decisions, problems, etc. Fills out all appropriate logs, reports, and forms. Attends meetings and shares observations about resident issues, such as peer problems, moods, preferences, sleep patterns, and family relationships.
- Assists with visitations, greets guests, meets with parents, checks residents for contraband, helps to evaluate child’ s emotional and physical needs before, during, and after visitations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use a computer; familiarity with Outlook and Word. Ability to complete time logs and work with specific instructions for patient treatment. Must be 21 years of age, have completed a high school education/GED, and have a minimum of two years experience working with difficult children.
- Completion of 24 hours of training each year in compliance with ODJFS/ODHS requirements (ex. CPR/First Aid, CPI, Sexual Harassment, Diversity, Blood-Borne Pathogens, Conflict Management).
- Valid Ohio Driver’ s License
- Ability to comply with company requirements for using restraints including sufficient strength and completion of extensive training.
- Willingness to become familiar with company policies and procedures especially those that pertain to dealing with residents, conflict management, treatment decisions, paperwork, and appropriate relationships.
- *Day and Night Shifts available
Please forward qualified resumes to Alexis@Psychpros.com
2404 Auburn Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219
513-333-4781 (direct) | 513-651-9558 (fax) | 888-651-8367 (toll free) | www.psychpros.com
Best of Staffing Diamond Award ? 7th Consecutive Year! - Inavero/CareerBuilder
Largest Executive Search Firms ? 5th Year! – Business Courier
C E L E B R A T I N G 2 2 Y E A R S!
(1 9 9 5 - 2 0 1 7)
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.