Accoutant/ Accounting Specialist needed in Tillamook, OR
906 Main Avenue Tillamook, OR 97141
We are hiring for an Accountant or Accounting Specialist in Tillamook, OR.
This role assists the Finance Manager in Fund Accounting procedures. Position involves actions that are covered by established procedures. The employee checks documents for accuracy, inputs standard information or adjustments, determines if a transaction is permitted, understands routine error reports, and takes corrective actions. The employee understands the full processing cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Post cash receipts to department accounting records or spreadsheets
- Balance cash receipts and ACH or EFT Payments against deposits and CareLogic reports
- Maintain monthly cash receipt worksheet
- Gather documents, prepare accounts payable vouchers. Assure that payment has been approved by an authorized official, supplies documents and that correct budget codes and attached codes are annotated
- Verify and input accounts payable data into system to generate checks
- Reconcile bank statements against department records of payments, receipts, and deposits
- Prepare, establish, and maintain detailed financial records and reports
- Work independently or with a team
- Review and reconcile electronic payroll timesheets, maintain and enter payroll data into accounting system, generate payroll in an accounting system and generate checks or vouchers, process payments in online banking, process payroll deductions/benefits to appropriate vendors
- Other accounting tasks and projects as assigned
This is a full-time position 40 hours per week, generally Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may require longer work hours if necessary.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree OR
- 3-5 years of directly related work experience OR
- a satisfactory equivalent combination
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or related field
- 3-5 years of directly related work experience
This is a full-time position that offers a generous salary and benefits package including medical/dental/ vision/RX, dental, vacation/sick pay, flex spending account, employee assistant program, holiday pay, and retirement account benefits.
If you are interested, please send over the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to call you to email@example.com