Advanced Practice Nurse-Behavioral Health
P.O. Box 2170 New London, CT 06320 | Full-Time Direct Hire
We are assisting a private, not-for-profit organization dedicated to individuals with persistent mental illness and substance use disorders located in New London, CT with their search for a full-time APRN.
Provide medication management to assigned caseload.
- Provides psychiatric treatment, including assessment, diagnosis and prescription of psychotropic medications to persons served.
- Provides medical management as needed to assigned caseload.
- Meets agency productivity standards.
- Participates/leads multi-disciplinary teams.
- Responsible for documentation of client progress/outcomes in the progress notes, medication records, treatment plans, quarterly treatment reviews and discharge summaries. It is expected that this documentation will be done in a timely manner.
- Responsible for persons served contacts and treatment planning according to the agency' s CQI standards, licensure standards and reimbursement provider standards.
- Available for psychiatric urgencies or emergencies.
- Consults and coordinates care with clinicians, nurses and other APRNs and MDs or DOs.
- Performs related tasks as assigned.
Education: RN in Nursing, completed master level training. Licensed as an Advance Practice Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut. Required: prescription of addictive disorder and persistent mental illness population as co-occurring disorders and application of harm reduction theory a must.
Must be able to obtain a minimal malpractice insurance policy of $1, 000, 000 / $3, 000, 000. Experience and interest in community psychiatry and crisis intervention. Certified in First Aid and CPR. Competent use of technology including Electronic Medical Records software. CPR/First Aid Certified. Bi-lingual Spanish preferred.
Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Tuition Reimbursement, Licensure Reimbursement, Malpractice Insurance, etc.
Senior Recruiting Manager
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.