Advanced Practice Nurse-Behavioral Health
P.O. Box 2170 New London, CT 06320
We are assisting a private, not-for-profit organization dedicated to individuals with persistent mental illness and substance use disorders located in New London, CT with their search for a full-time APRN.
Provide medication management to assigned caseload.
- Provides psychiatric treatment, including assessment, diagnosis and prescription of psychotropic medications to persons served.
- Provides medical management as needed to assigned caseload.
- Meets agency productivity standards.
- Participates/leads multi-disciplinary teams.
- Responsible for documentation of client progress/outcomes in the progress notes, medication records, treatment plans, quarterly treatment reviews and discharge summaries. It is expected that this documentation will be done in a timely manner.
- Responsible for persons served contacts and treatment planning according to the agency' s CQI standards, licensure standards and reimbursement provider standards.
- Available for psychiatric urgencies or emergencies.
- Consults and coordinates care with clinicians, nurses and other APRNs and MDs or DOs.
- Performs related tasks as assigned.
Education: RN in Nursing, completed master level training. Licensed as an Advance Practice Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut. Required: prescription of addictive disorder and persistent mental illness population as co-occurring disorders and application of harm reduction theory a must.
Must be able to obtain a minimal malpractice insurance policy of $1, 000, 000 / $3, 000, 000. Experience and interest in community psychiatry and crisis intervention. Certified in First Aid and CPR. Competent use of technology including Electronic Medical Records software. CPR/First Aid Certified. Bi-lingual Spanish preferred.
Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Tuition Reimbursement, Licensure Reimbursement, Malpractice Insurance, etc.