Behavioral Health Associate needed in Arlington Heights, IL
800 W Central Road Arlington Heights, IL 60005 | Full-Time Direct Hire
We are hiring for Behavioral Health Associates in Arlington Heights, IL.
Reporting to the Program Manager, with accountability to the RN and treatment team, ensures a safe and therapeutic patient environment by conducting unit rounds and providing supervision of patients. Assists with planning and conducts group and individual therapy programs. Performs patient assessments and documents patient progress.
- Continually monitors the environment by conducting unit rounds, safety rounds and contraband searches to ensure that the physical environment is safe, orderly and therapeutic.Ensures patient safety by providing one-to-one supervision of patients.Documents precaution records.
- Facilitates didactic, educational, unit programs and community groups within assigned treatment programs as directed.Encourages patient participation and involvement in therapeutic activities.Monitors and documents patient progress communicating patient information to the RN, physicians and family members as appropriate.
- Participates in assessment and treatment team meetings, reports and documents results of behaviors and intervention procedures and assists with planning for the continued progression of treatment for patients under the psychiatrist’ s care.
- Provides assistance to patients with activities of daily living under the direction of the RN including assisting with bathing and toileting of patients with those needs.Assists with specimen collection, taking vitals and EKG’ s.
- Performs various clerical and administrative assignments to support department operations.
- Orients new patients and their families to the unit, program and physical environment.Provides appropriate patient information when accepting or receiving patients from other units.
- Bachelor’ s degree in a behavioral health related field or a Bachelor’ s degree in a non-behavioral health related field and a minimum of 2 years experience working in a behavioral health environment required.
- CADC (Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor) required.
- Prior experience teaching or assisting with activities of daily living, therapeutic limit setting and monitoring of patients and their environment.
- Current CPR certification.
- CPI certification within 90 days of hire or transfer.
BHA, Full Time, PM Shift
BHA, Part Time, Days
If you are interested in further information, please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Recruiting Manager
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.