Behavioral Health Care Coordinator
550 Hawthorne SE #140 Salem, OR 97301
We are in need of a Behavioral Health Care Coordinator in Salem, OR.
The client company manages the mental health and chemical dependency benefits for Oregon Health Plan recipients who are members of Willamette Valley Community Health, the local Coordinated Care Organization.
- Provides service coordination, consultation and clinical problem solving and support to
- Provider panel, out of panel providers, Primary Care Providers, ED Mental Health Evaluators and Psychiatric Crisis Center staff.
- Provides system navigation and support for members facing exceptional challenges in accessing care. Includes direct interface with panel to link members to services
- Organizes and implements systems to assure appropriate utilization of behavioral health services
- Identifies barriers and system gaps to improve service access
- Participates in provider site reviews and audits
Member/Provider Services (Chemical Dependency)
- Works with stakeholders to develop and implement best practices for chemical dependency and co-occurring treatment strategies
- Coordinates treatment and discharge planning with residential facilities
- Authorizes payment for residential treatment and OOP requests for chemical dependency
- Represents company at the Marion and Polk County Local Alcohol and Drug Planning Committees and other meetings as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with agency policies, procedures, and regulations
- Participates in employee training and orientation
- Provides back-up and training to co-workers as requested
- Maintains current Oregon driver' s license and acceptable driving record
- Is able and willing to drive own motor vehicle or arrange reliable, alternate transportation
Experience and Training
- Possession of a graduate degree in Psychology, Social Work, Recreational Therapy, Music Therapy, Art Therapy or a Behavioral Science Field, three (3) years post- graduate mental health or chemical dependency experience and a current CADC 1 (or higher) or the ability to obtain a CADC 1 within 6 months of hire; OR
- Possession of a bachelor’ s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Recreational Therapy, Music Therapy, Art Therapy or a Behavioral Science Field, three (3) years post- graduate mental health or chemical dependency experience and a current CADC 2 or the ability to obtain a CADC 2 within 6 months of hire
If you are interested in further information, please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to email@example.com
National Recruiting Manager