Behavioral Health Case Manager
400 Selby Avenue #D St. Paul, Minnesota 55102 | Full-Time Direct Hire
This position provides phone based clinical case management services to individuals and families. The clinical case manager is responsible for managing a caseload of clients dealing with behavioral health related illnesses including addiction, eating disorders, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, trauma, and pain management. We use chronic disease management principles, predictive data analytics and telehealth to improve outcomes and reduce costs. He or she assists clients with the development of social and community support systems that promote stability and enable the client to function at the highest level possible. This position functions with a high degree of independent accountability, in accord with professional and ethical standards and organizational policies.
- Master' s level education in behavioral health field OR bachelor degree with independent licensure.
- A background in managed care.
- Case Management experience.
- Certified Case Manager (CCM).
- Experience / exposure with discharge planning.
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review and / or risk management.
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking abilities will be keys to success.
- Provides phone based clinical case management services to a diverse population of program participants.
- Maintains regular contact with program participants, their care team, and local support resources as outlined by participants’ prescribed wellness plan.
- Provides advocacy, crisis intervention, counseling, and problem solving skills.
- Provides program participants with support and guidance to empower program participant’ s capacity for self-sufficiency.
- Makes referrals, when clinically appropriate, to other organization departments and external providers.
- Making outbound calls to assess members' current health status.
- Identifying gaps or barriers in treatment plans.
- Providing patient education to assist with self-management.
- Interacting with Medical Directors on challenging cases.
- Coordinating care for members.
- Making referrals to outside sources.
- Coordinating services as needed.
- Encouraging members to make healthy lifestyle changes.
- Documenting and tracking findings.
- Maintains confidentiality and HIPAA compliance with all private healthcare information.
- Develops, monitors, and enhances professional relationships with outside agencies.
- Participates and contributes in regular supervision meetings, team meetings, in house training sessions and conferences.
- Maintains an on-going caseload while successfully functioning as a team member.
If you are interested in further information, please send the most updated copy of your resume, and a good time to contact you, to Daniel@PsychPros.com.
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.