Behavioral Health RN
1045 James Street Syracuse, NY 13203
The Behavioral Health Registered Nurse will function as a member the Integrated Health Care Team in assisting with a full range of nursing services for clients: physical health assessments, medication administration of Long Acting Injectable Antipsychotics, telephone triage, crisis intervention, lab results monitoring, and screenings associated with MAT (medication assistive therapy).
• Coordinate and oversee daily operations of patient care.
• Provide clinical advice to patients over the phone in collaboration with on site or on call MD/NP.
• Review RHIO alerts of ED visits/hospitalizations.
• Coordinate care with other members of the care team, assess patient risk and ensure adequate resources have been implemented for improved patient outcomes.
• Case conferences: provide patient history/barriers/resources and ensure plan of care is followed.
• Ensure all regulatory requirements for supplies, audits and logs within the clinical environment have been maintained either by performing such duties or delegating to competent staff members.
• Provide direct patient care through history taking, assessments, and medication administration within the registered nurse scope of practice.
Current NYS Licensure. Associates degree in nursing with minimum of 1 year of relevant experience. Ability to take and follow through with delegated tasks and accountability. Knowledge of medical procedures and medical terminology. Excellent oral and written communications skills required. Ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team. Ability to effectively use an electronic medical record. Ability to work in a fast paced outpatient behavioral health clinic environment.
If you are interested in further information, please send the most updated copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org