Behavioral Health Therapist
1315 East 7th Avenue Tampa, FL 33605
PsychPros is seeking a bilingual (English/Spanish) Behavioral Health Therapist (LCSW or LMHC) in the Tampa, Florida area to provide individual and group services for individuals living with, at risk for, or affected by, HIV/AIDS; and for persons dealing with substance misuse.
The Behavioral Health Therapist must be a Florida Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC). And, must be bilingual English/Spanish.
- Perform substance abuse and behavioral health treatment with individuals in an outpatient setting, including screenings, assessments, individual/group counseling, and treatment planning.
- Use a strengths-based and trauma-informed approach, in conjunction with evidence based interventions, and other treatment strategies.
- Work collaboratively with interdisciplinary treatment team, including medical, clinical, and social services staff.
- Complete paperwork requirements and maintain quality, up-to-date clinical records, including entering necessary information into the electronic medical records (EMR) system.
- Serve as point person for client behavioral health emergencies to direct and coordinate emergent care as needed, including detoxification and psychiatric care.
- Meet and maintain compliance with all internal policies and procedures, regulations and Standards of Care, state licensing standards, funder expectations, and FL Department of Children and Families (FL DCF) Substance Abuse program requirements.
- Must be a Florida Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC).
- Minimum of two years clinical therapy experience in an outpatient social service treatment setting.
- Must be bilingual English/Spanish.
- Certified Addictions Professional (CAP) certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of HIV/AIDS disease, medical treatments, and adherence issues.
- Knowledge of treatment and substance abuse intervention strategies and application within targeted populations.
- Awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences, sexual orientation, sexual identity, and psychosocial issues.
- Understanding and supportive of a trauma-informed system of care.
- Experience with trauma-informed services, cognitive behavioral therapies including DBT, and motivational therapies, including the use of incentives preferred.
- Knowledge of recovery support systems, 12-Step programs, and personal recovery experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and engagement skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills required; experience with EMR system a plus.
- Ability to support the agency’ s mission and philosophy, and demonstrate sensitivity to cultural diversity and workplace harmony.
- Value for and ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’ s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’ s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
Enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and an excellent program of benefits that includes: health, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, 403b retirement, and paid time off.
If you are interested in further information, please provide an updated copy of your resume, salary requirements, and a good time to contact you, to Daniel@PsychPros.com.