Bilingual Housing Care Coordinator
Pasadena, CA 91104 | Full-Time Temporary
The Bilingual Care Coordinator for the Housing for Health (HFH) permanent supportive housing program will assist clients during the lease-up process and will engage tenants to provide supportive services to promote housing retention, community integration, life skills, and improved health and wellness. Additionally, the Care Coordinator will provide clinical services, within scope of practice, to tenants requesting assistance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accept, screen, and process referrals received from DHS and/or Housing For Health (HFH).
- Conduct intake and enrollment with eligible clients, including assisting clients with gathering program eligibility documentation, and completing program intake forms.
- Assist clients with accessing temporary housing until permanent housing is secured.
- Support clients with the lease-up process, including meeting with property management, reviewing and signing their lease, and obtaining household necessities.
- Conduct comprehensive bio-psycho-social assessments.
- Develop individualized collaborative service plans for tenants.
- Strive to recognize the best in each tenant and to support the meaningful change they seek through building relationships and utilizing motivational interviewing techniques and strength based case management techniques.
- Provide tenant engagement by welcoming the tenant to their new community, establishing trust through relationship building, assisting the tenant with understanding the services that are available and supporting tenant with accessing necessary supports and services, and addressing basic needs.
- Meet with each tenant on regularly scheduled basis and document progress and strength in progress notes.
- Provide home and field based services as appropriate.
- Transport tenant as needed to essential appointments that support their wellbeing.
- Assist tenant with navigating and abiding by their lease obligations.
- Support tenants with learning and practicing fiscal responsibility.
- Assist tenant with their physical and mental health needs by providing support and linkage to appropriate services.
- Coordinate on-site recreational, social and community-building activities, support groups, and educational opportunities.
- Complete and submit required weekly and monthly program reports.
- Able to travel to off-site meetings or other activities.
- Master’ s degree in Social Work (MSW) or equivalent degree strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’ s degree or CADAC certification required.
- A minimum of 1 year professional experience in case management or related role working with persons experiencing homelessness required.
- Experience working with people with mental health, substance use, and/or complex health needs desirable.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to understand the needs of formerly homeless people with disabilities and to develop collaborative goals towards greater self-sufficiency and independence in the greater community.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and HMIS Homeless Management Information System.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of chemical dependency, mental disorders and the effects of homelessness and ability to conduct workshops for residents on these subjects.
- Possess valid California driver’ s license and have access to properly registered vehicle.
This role is temp/ possibly temp to hire and start at $18.00 an hour.
If you are interested in further information, please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to email@example.com
National Recruiting Manager
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.