Chemical Dpendency Professional (CDP)
Mt. Vernon, WA 98273 | Full-Time Direct Hire
The Chemical Dependency professional provides counseling and case management for clients of the agency. The work includes assisting supervisory staff and program director in program review, daily management of treatment activities, and training/ orientation of junior staff and trainees. The CDP(T) is responsible for the daily treatment activities for clients on their caseload. In providing these services, the incumbent performs the following duties independently.
- Assesses the psycho social functioning of assigned clients and develops individualized treatment plans.
- Apprises team members of specific treatment plans and intervention strategies so that therapeutic consistency can be maintained.
- Develops discharge/ aftercare plans and makes appropriate referrals for follow up care.
- Provides motivational counseling to collaterals to encourage participation in family support programs.
- teaches specialized treatment concepts to client groups according to agency treatment schedule.
- Conducts alcohol/ drug assessments pursuant to WAC 388-877, or its successor.
- Must possess a valid Washington state department of health CDP credential (CDP preferred, minimum of a CDPT required).
- Successful completion of at least one course per quarter/ semester toward educational requirements as necessary to obtain an active Washington State Department of Health CDP credential if not already obtained.
- College coursework in chemical dependency, human sciences or related field.
- Knowledge and practice of crisis intervention theory
- CPR/ First Aid certification required for inpatient staff members.
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.