Clinical Director needed in Newport Beach
20377 SW Acacia Street #110 Newport Beach, CA 92660
Under direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Clinical Director provides leadership, coordination and clinical oversight/management to the clinical team of a well-established and highly regarded primary mental health treatment center. The Clinical Director has oversight of all clinical services and is tasked with ensuring all quality standards are achieved. The role is responsible for clinical program development and when applicable outreach within the local and national behavioral health community. This position is tasked with assessing all prospective client’ s fitness for programming, and in some situations directly providing the patient' s initial bio/psycho/social. The Clinical Director works closely with the Program Director, approving each client’ s clinical care team and program individuation. The position requires close collaboration with the clinical care team to ensure client progress and overall treatment quality. The Clinical Director is the clinical face of the organization, representing the program' s brand of clinical excellence and will be expected to conduct themselves appropriately in this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Management / Leadership:
1. Develop, maintain, and update Clinical Policies & Procedures.
2. Lead weekly treatment team meetings, facility staff meetings, client diagnostic and case conference meetings.
3. Provide training and consultation to all contract clinicians.
4. Provide leadership and direction during client or staff crisis situations.
5. In conjunction with the administrative team, responsible for the cultivation and
assessment of full-time and contract clinicians to join the facilities treatment team.
6. Work closely with the Admissions/Intake Department to assess the clinical
appropriateness of prospective clients prior to acceptance to the program.
7. In coordination with the Program Director, assign all newly admitted client’ s direct care team and clinical group schedule.
8. Identify the need for psychological testing, collateral services, special medical services, and work with appropriate parties ensure services provided.
1. Clear, professional verbal and written communication skills
2. Proficiency with computer software programs & experience working with an electronic health record platform.
3. Ability to recruit and manage high caliber behavioral health clinicians
4. Ability to represent the company and the company’ s client care philosophy at
conferences, marketing events and during facility tours
5. Understanding of behavioral health diagnoses, types of treatment and appropriate treatment resources and the ability to communicate this knowledge effectively
6. Ability to collaborate effectively with leadership and with other departments and staff
7. Background in psychopharmacology/med management preferred.
1. Must have PhD, or PsyD
2. Must have California Licensure
3. Must have 5+ years previous experience in leadership role at like facility / setting
4. Must have 5+ years experience of direct patient care
If you are interested in more information, please send a copy of your CV/ resume to email@example.com