PO Box 1089 Whiteriver, Arizona 85941 | Full-Time Direct Hire
PsychPros, Inc. is partnering with a leading Behavioral Health Agency with their search for a Clinician in Cibecue, Arizona.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conduct outreach for individuals at risk for suicide, facilitate access to healthcare services and provide counseling/skills training/education/support in accordance with the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) guidelines for mental health. Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility and competence in adjusting to clientele with varying degrees of traumatic experiences and complex psychological presentations.
2. Manages a caseload of enrolled clients/potential clients who would benefit from counseling services.
3. Provides prevention education services including presentations, workshops, and other forms public education on a variety of mental health topics, including, but not limited to, suicide prevention, substance abuse treatment education and life skills instruction.
4. Become trained in the Living Works model of suicide first aid (ASIST) and support the community wide implementation of ASIST and safeTALK model as a suicide prevention approach.
5. Ability to address a variety of diverse spiritual, emotional, and social needs in multiple environments of an often high-risk population, using a trauma-informed care approach while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and cultural awareness.
6. Engages clients and their families in counseling and assessment services. Facilitates family, individual, and group counseling, skill training, and education programs.
7. Possess the ability to work with a wide range of clients including children, adolescents, adults and families.
8. Collaborates with court/probation, tribal/community agencies, families and other natural support systems to ensure client’ s needs are met. Develops a strong working relationship with community stakeholders.
9. Provides services at the clinic, in the community, adult shelters, and in client’ s homes to ensure client obtains all benefits and services necessary to be successful in completing all treatment plan initiatives.
10. Participates in interdepartmental clinical team meetings to assist and encourage consistent and timely provision of services. Participates in weekly clinical staffing with other members of the clinical team to review client progress and service requirements.
11. Provide a positive role model to clients and staff through leadership, self-discipline, and genuine care for the treatment and recovery of clients. All clients and staff members must be treated with dignity and respect.
12. Ability to provide twenty-four hour on-call rotation including irregular hours, weekend and holiday duty during on-call shift, as needed and assigned by clinical supervisor.
1. Possession of a master’ s degree in a counseling/marriage and family therapy/social work or any mental health field from a regionally accredited graduate program. Must have and maintain valid license to practice as a professional mental health provider or be license-eligible in any state in the United States and apply for and obtain an Arizona license within one year of service.
2. At least one year work related experience in mental health field engaged in case management, mental health, developmental disabilities, aftercare, substance abuse or related areas; experience working with Native Americans preferred.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to speak the Apache language preferred.
4. Demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving and organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently, with flexibility within prescribed deadlines.
5. Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors.
1. At least 3 years’ experience working with Native Americans in a behavioral health or related field.
2. Experience providing crisis intervention, assessing/treating co-occurring disorders and/or referral services coordination preferred.
For further information, please submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.