Clinician needed in Kearny, NJ
Kearny, New Jersey 07032 | Full-Time Direct Hire
We are hiring for a full time Clinician in Kearny, NJ
Summary: Primary responsibility includes providing substance abuse counseling for assigned clients including family and group therapy.
Duties and responsibilities
- Interface with the director and other program staff in decision-making process involving clients to include attending all clinical meetings.
- Assess the counseling needs of the client.
- Assess client for substance abuse diagnosis using DSM criteria in determining appropriate level of care based on ASAM criteria.
- Obtain previous records that are relevant to the current treatment episode.
- Prepare the substance abuse counseling portion of the client treatment plan.
- Providing the substance abuse counseling services specified in the client treatment plan.
- Development of the client discharge/continuum of care plan to ensure movement to the appropriate levels of care.
- Participate fully as a member of a multidisciplinary team for assigned clients.
- Document all counseling and education services, assessments, reassessments, referrals and follow-up in the client’ s clinical record.
- Maintain client caseload (including all case management and utilization review updates). Treatment planning duties and clinical charting as required.
- Provide coordination of support services for the client/family and record the services provided in the client’ s clinical record.
- Reassessment of the client and revision of the substance abuse counseling portion of the client treatment plan.
- Facilitate family therapy as assigned
- Contact and coordination with referral sources (legal, school, employer, etc.).
- Facilitate needed interventions for crisis-orientated issues utilizing a multi-disciplinary team approach for assigned clients.
- Carry out administrative and clinical functions as requested.
- Act in accordance with facility policies and federal confidentiality laws (42-CFR, Pt 2).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’ s or Master’ s Degree specializing in psychology and/or counseling from an accredited college.
- Licensure as a Drug/and or Alcohol Counselor or, application is in process.
- 3 years experience in substance abuse and/or related field
Substance abuse counselors in training who are not LCADC or CADC shall:
- Enrolled in a course of study leading to a CADC or LCADC with progress towards certification or licensing on file, reviewed and documented by the facility at least semiannually
If you are interested in further information, please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Recruiting Manager
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.