Clinician needed in Plattsburgh, NY
22 US Oval #218 Plattsburgh, NY 12903
- The clinician is a master’ s degree level professional who serves as a member of an interdisciplinary team at the assigned site. Provides direct clinical services including individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, and counseling as appropriate to the assigned program. Provide case coordination and therapeutic education services. At the discretion of the program director, may be assigned to train and supervise other staff as deemed appropriate. Expected to provide excellent patient care and compassion in every encounter, aligned with the organization core values.
- Master’ s degree required.
- LMHC, LMSW or LCSW license required
- Experience providing direct clinical service to the population served by the assigned clinical program is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively as well as to organize tasks.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team until collaborate across disciplines and programs.
- Knowledge of substance abuse issues including features of alcohol and various drug abuse signs and symptoms, intervention strategies, awareness of associated medical concerns. • Individual, family, and group therapy skills.
- Broad clinical knowledge of psychiatric disorders, and psychiatric diagnosis.
- Ability to conduct clinical interviews and assess mental status.
- Extensive knowledge with PC applications and electronic medical records strongly preferred.
- Valid NYS driver’ s license and reliable transportation required for local and regional travel