Community Based Mental Health Case Manager
1001 E Touhy Ave. #50 Chicago, IL 60641
We are hiring for a Community Based Mental Health Case Manager on the north side of Chicago.
- Assess client’ s needs, strengths, resources, functioning, and diagnoses.
- Develop treatment plan collaboratively with client by defining goals, outcomes, and time frames for treatment
- Provide comprehensive care and assist client in accessing multiple access points of service, including housing, benefits, substance abuse services, skills training, psychiatry, medical.
- Provide crisis intervention in order to decrease hospitalization episodes and increase symptom management.
- Assess for de-compensation episodes and provide appropriate intervention, facilitating inpatient hospitalization if necessary.
- Carry a shared case load of clients providing supportive counseling and case management services as assigned by supervisor and operate as part of a treatment team.
- Ensure all documentation is complete in a timely manner, meets Rule 132/Rule 140 standards and financial targets.
- Transportation of clients and home visits are required. Services will be provided in multiple locations including in home, office, community.
- minimum of bachelor' s degree in counseling and guidance, rehabilitation counseling, social work, education, vocational counseling, psychology, pastoral counseling, family therapy, or related human service field; OR
- a bachelor' s degree in any other field with two-years of supervised clinical experience in a mental health setting
- Valid Illinois driver’ s license & insurance
- Experience in community based services, crisis intervention, mental health and/or substance abuse services strongly preferred
- Effective communication and enthusiasm about a multi-disciplinary team approach to care
- Provide culturally appropriate, competent and individualized treatment in accordance with each client’ s age, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, and culture