Community Mental Health Therapist
279 East Arrow Highway #102 woodland hills, CA 91367
: Under the general and clinical supervision of the Clinical Director as a Mental Health Therapist in our Community Mental Health Program, primarily focused in the San Fernando Valley, you will provide individual, group, and/or family therapy to youth under age 21 (TAY). Services are provided in the community, to include group home settings, schools, as well as in the clinic.
- Must possess a Master' s degree in social work, psychology or other equiv. Active registration with the Board of Behavioral Science Examiners (BBSE)
- Experience must be in counseling and providing case management services to clients with long-term and persistent psychiatric diagnoses. Experience working with clients who are dually diagnosed (psychiatric disability and substance abuse) is preferred.
- Experience with culturally diverse populations.
- Ability to understand and interpret information, follow instructions, and manage workflow
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with people in a constructive manner within a community-based treatment setting
- First Aid Certification is required
- Able to communicate in a clear, precise and professional manner.
- Ability to apply professional judgment in solving difficult issues
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Exemplary communication skills
- Some knowledge of laws, regulations, and policies governing licensed, certified and/or accredited mental health or other social service agencies
- Valid driver’ s license, registration, and insurance required
- Able to obtain Department of Justice clearance, in accordance with Community Care Licensing requirements.