Counselor needed in Covington, KY
Covington, Kentucky 41011 | Full-Time Direct Hire
We are in need of a Counselor in Covington, KY.
Coordinate all treatment aspects of a client’ s drug and alcohol treatment program. Serves as a professional staff member and/or team leader of an interdisciplinary team and is responsible directly to the Clinical Service Supervisor for the coordination and continuity of care from admission through discharge and follow-up of the residents. Serves as an assistant to the Clinical Service Supervisor.
- Ensures completion of client databases, treatment plans, progress notes, discharge summaries, and other essential documentation as required by state, federal, and accreditation standards
- Maintains a caseload of forty (40) clients.
- Shall provide clients with orientation regarding objectives of the program, phase system requirements, rules and regulations, sanctions, hours of services, client rights, and additional information to help client adjust to program.
- Assures that clients are assessed and placed in appropriate phases of treatment according to state and federal guidelines.
- Keeps all client files updated and organized for agency use.
- Counsel’ s clients and addresses specifics needs of the persons served.
- Arranges referrals and community information to clients as appropriate.
- Develop knowledge in regard to state, federal and agency regulations regarding confidentiality, methadone treatment, and substance abuse service counseling certification.
- Assures all documentation is collected from patient as required by state and federal standards.
- Submit required statistical and other data as required by supervisor.
- Shall provide and for obtain the following therapeutic services as determined by the Treatment Team and specified in the client’ s Individual Treatment Plan: individual counseling, family counseling, group counseling, community activities, Facility visits, vocational training, and follow-up care.
- Shall report to the Clinical Service Supervisor any and all relevant developments and information affecting the clients and facility operation
- Shall provide staff duty coverage as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Clinical Service Supervisor.
- Bachelor' s level degree working under a Clinical Services Supervisor toward CADC with assessed competence and 20 hours of annual training in alcohol and drug services or Master’ s degree in substance abuse and/or related field: CADC or licensed social worker, psychiatrist, or other licensed professional per 908 KAR 1: 370, or a bachelor’ s level degree working under a Clinical Services Supervisor toward CADC with assessed competence and 20 hours of annual training in alcohol and drug services
If you are interested in further information, please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Recruiting Manager
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.