2520 Northwinds Parkway #550 Forrest City, AR 72335 US
A residential psychiatric treatment provider in Forrest City, AR is seeking a Director of Nursing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning, directing, and implementing care for the program.
- Oversees the planning, budgeting, and evaluation of work and resources of the Nursing Department and provides support to the program.
- Direct supervision of a staff of 13.
- Recruits, interviews, and recommends the appointment of qualified and competent nursing candidates.
- Assures current competency of nursing staff according to the Facility’ s policies and procedures and accreditation standards.
- Identify and develop quality improvement standards for nursing to improve treatment and expeditated positive resident outcomes.
- Ensures proficiency and accuracy in completing client records as scheduled and according to the hospital’ s standards.
Qualified candidates must have the following:
- Prefer a master’ s degree in Nursing, but must have a minimum of a bachelor’ s degree in Nursing and has supervision by a master’ s degree in nursing
- Two years’ experience in a psychiatric clinical working environment with children and adolescents, nursing management and/or supervision experience
- Considerable knowledge of children/adolescent growth and development and an understanding of the range of treatment provided by the center and the ability to teach the same.
- Knowledgeable and/or experience with Joint Commission Standards related to behavioral health standards is preferred.
- Current and active Registered Nurse License in the State of Arkansas or eligible compact license
- Current CPR Certification
- Able to receive CPI certification within the first 30 days of employment
- Work hours are generally Monday through Friday 8: 00 a.m.-5: 00 p.m. and rotate on a weekly Administrator on Call schedule. May work weekends and evenings to provide continuity of nursing care, communication, or assist in crisis situations.
Employer offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.