Detention CenterSubstance Abuse Counselor
Leonardtown, PA 20650
We are hiring for Detention Center Substance Abuse Counselor in Leonardtown, MD.
- We receive funding for this role through grants so it is more of a set rate of pay and I believe this one will be high $40' s.
- The schedule is Monday-Friday 7: 30-3: 30/day shift hours
- They would receive 6 holidays and have off and not have to work in inclement weather
- Anyone with a license through either the MD Board of Professional Counselors or MD Board of Social Workers. We do accept ADT (Alcohol and Drug Trainees through the Board of Professional Counselors). We provide free supervision hours for those that need it for next steps in their license.
Summary: The Counselor will provide jail based services to clients and their family members who are in need of behavioral health counseling.
- Coordinates/networks with others on needs of clients both internally as well as with other community organizations/partners as needed.
- Attends and actively participates in trainings and team meetings following established procedures for case assignment and review.
- Provides skill building educational and/or support groups as well as various workshops/speaking activities to the community as assigned.
Licensure, Education, & Experience:
- Active Maryland LGPC, LCPC, LMSW or LCSW-C licensure; or Trainee status with the MD Board of Professional Counselors & Therapists, CSC-AD, CAC-AD or higher certification required upon hire.
- Bachelor’ s degree in related field required; Master’ s degree in related field preferred. AA degree plus 2 years direct Addictions Counseling experience in lieu of Bachelor’ s degree. HS diploma plus addiction certification above Trainee status in lieu of Bachelor’ s degree.