Director of Behavioral Health needed in DC and MD
800 W 6th Street WAshington, MD 20017 US
The Director of Behavioral Health (DBH) reports directly to the Executive Director and has the primary responsibility of developing, planning, and supervising all clinical services, to include mental health services, to improve quality of life for Veteran clients. The DBH is responsible for overall leadership of the Program Coordinators, development and management of psychological, social work, and ancillary therapies provided within outpatient services.
- Master’s degree in social services or another related field required
- Independently licensed in social services, a minimum of 5 years of employment in an executive-level clinical role at may substitute for license requirement.
- Minimum of three (3) years management experience of multiple programs and personnel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in computer and information systems
- Professional manner and appearance
- Ability to take general direction, work independently and within a team
- Ability to work effectively with diverse group of clients, staff, and community members
- Knowledge/experience working with veterans preferred