Director of Nursing
Fresno, California 93706 | Full-Time Direct Hire
We are hiring for a Director of Nursing in Fresno, CA.
This is 15-bed MHRC program for those diagnosed with a mental illness and developmental disabilities.
Reporting to the Clinical Director, the Director of Nursing is responsible for coordinating with leadership all activities and functions related to nursing, administration of patient care systems and client care levels in the facility. Additional position duties include:
- Helps develop departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance, policies and procedures in keeping with the philosophy of recovery
- Organizes the department in accordance with administrative guidelines in order to provide specified nursing services to meet the legal, organizational and medical staff guidelines
- Functions in an advisory capacity to the Administrator in evaluating procedural changes as they relate to patient care
- Directs the implementation and ensures compliance with standards of nursing practices that promote optimal health care delivery and meet regulatory requirements
- Coordinate patient care with the interdisciplinary team consisting of nursing, rehab and clinical departments
- Work with the Clinical Director to meet all regulatory and policy requirements in service delivery
- Ensure that all shifts are staffed according to policies and regulations for adequate coverage for client care and cover nursing shifts when no coverage is available
- Participate as part of the leadership team to rotate on call responsibilities
- Work with the Clinical Director to ensure documentation is completed per regulations and help with licensing surveys and plans of correction
- Knowledge of the Developmentally Disabled is a plus
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and have four years of experience, two years in psychiatric nursing and two years in a supervisory capacity OR a baccalaureate degree in nursing or a related field with two years of experience and one year in a supervisory capacity
- Experience in a setting with persons with psychiatric and developmental disabilities is preferred
- MSN degree is preferred as is administrative experience
- Must possess current valid licensure as an RN in the state of California and CPR certification
- Applicant must be fingerprinted and receive clearance from the Department of Justice
If you are interested in further information, please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Recruiting Manager
National Recruiting Manager
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.