Director of Nursing
1901 E First St Newton, KS 67114
We are in need of a DON in Newton, KS.
This position will provide oversight and direction to our inpatient nursing staff through regular contact, coordinate training for new and current staff members, regularly reviewing staff performance with feedback, conduct annual evaluations and work with staff to maintain a positive work environment. This position will also serve as a float nurse and provide coverage to all sites, as needed. However, the home base for this position is located in Newton, KS. This position is full-time with excellent health benefits, paid-time off, and retirement benefits.
Minimum Education: Must be a Registered Nurse in the State of Kansas. BSN required; Master' s degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: Previous management experience required; 3-5 years healthcare experience, preferably in a mental health setting.
· Supervision of all Inpatient Hospital, ATC, and Turning Point PRTF nurses.
· Work with staff to maintain a positive work environment to ensure high morale.
· Understand organizational structure & communicate employee' s ideas/concerns, or refer employees as appropriate. Interpret organizational plans/directions/policies for staff.
· Provide oversight and direction to staff through regular contact (i.e. staff meetings, individual supervision, etc.)
· Assume oversight responsibility for the provision of safe, effective, high-quality nursing care throughout our Inpatient Units.
· Coordinate the development of organizational wide program, policies, and procedures that address how nursing care needs of the patient are assessed, met and evaluated.
· Serve as leadership.
· Provide effective communication to staff
If you are interested in further information, please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you.