Executive Director_Senior Services
2800 Erie Ave Cincinnati, OH 45208
PsychPros is currently recruiting for a very exciting position in the Cincinnati area! We are seeking an Executive Director for a well-respected, small non-profit community-based organization that is dedicated to serving older adults.
In this role, you will be working directly with community partners, clients and staff to provide a positive, fun and engaging center for adults 55+ to gather together with their peers. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience working with adults 55 + in either a home health setting, community center, or similar environment. A critical component of this position is to have a comfort level promoting the agency with potential community partners, working with existing funders and creating opportunity for new funding streams to keep the agency financially strong. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a passion for working with older adults as well as having the business skills to maintain current levels of service and identify opportunities for growth. The agency is devoted to their mission of providing a safe, helpful and loving center where seniors can come and stay engaged with the community.
In this role, the primary responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Providing leadership guidance to staff.
- Developing and implementing new policies and programs.
- Serve as liaison to Board in all aspects of the establishment.
- Hire, train, assign, and evaluate effectiveness of staff.
- Develop promotion strategies and marketing campaigns to maintain effective client relations.
- Oversee fundraising, grants, endowments.
- Build relations in the community and grow new sources of funding to assist with expansion and growth of the company.
Qualifications for this position include:
- BA or BS in social services or related field, Master' s degree preferred.
- 10 years of supervisory or managerial experience. (nonprofit preferred)
- Experience with working with adults 55+.
- Track record of fundraising and generating revenue.
- Eligibility for certification as Aging Administrator by the Ohio Association of Senior Centers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Some experience working with United Way funding would be highly desirable.