Evanston, WY 82930
We are seeking Forensic Psychologists in Evanston, Wyoming.
In this role you will provide forensic psychological services to the Criminal Justice Unit, including assessment of sanity and competency, assessment of risk, admission screening and individual therapy. This position may also provide staff consultation, training, participation in administrative committee/meetings and other duties as assigned. There may be travel to communities within the State in order to provide community-based forensic evaluations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- This position is considered the lead and will be responsible for supervising the forensic psychologists.
- Performs forensic evaluations (primarily competency to stand trial, mental state at the time of offense and risk assessments) as ordered by the Court.
- Provides oral and written testimony to the Court.
- Writes reports to the Court.
- Provides and interprets psychological testing including the evaluation of mental illness, intelligence, personality, and neuropsychological functioning.
- Confers with officers of the Court, attorneys, physicians, nurses, and other disciplines.
- Valid Wyoming Psychologist License
- Forensic Training; preferred
- Knowledge of training, supervising, and experience specific to the provision of competency and sanity evaluations.
- Knowledge of proving of assessment and treatment of patients judged Not Guilty by Reason of Mental Illness.
- Knowledge of risk assessment of a criminal justice population.
- Knowledge of psychopathology, appropriate test measures for use in evaluation, different treatment approaches, human development, team dynamics, consultation to staff, and hospital policies.
- Knowledge of evaluating, diagnosing, and treating individuals with severe psychopathology and conveying this to others in verbal and written form.
- Knowledge of skills in diagnosis, psychological testing and psychotherapy/treatment of severe psychological problems and personality disorders.