14100 Magellan Plaza Daytona Beach, FL 32117 | Full-Time Temp-to-Hire
Health Guide -Daytona Beach, FL (Remote)
3-6 MONTH CONTRACT
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8: 30 AM - 5 PM
Health Guide provides ongoing, community-based support for an assigned caseload of health plan enrollees to improve access to care and care coordination. Establishes a relationship with the enrollee, the care coordination team, and providers. Conducts new enrollee outreach and orientation, arranges appointments and transportation as needed. Assists the enrollee in learning to navigate the health care delivery system, community resources, transportation, and effectively use health plan benefits.
- Conducts outreach and orientation for new enrollees. Gathers information needed to ensure continuity of care and permission to share information. Administers Health and Wellness Questionnaire. For hard to reach enrollees, seeks connection by working with the Peer Support Specialist and leveraging community services, care providers, family members, schools, etc.
- Assists enrollees in accessing care and ensures care is received. Helps members, as needed, in selecting providers, making appointments, and planning transportation. Contacts enrollee or provider to ensure appointments have occurred. Assists in transitions of care to and from alternative levels of care or settings. Makes follow up care arrangements and ensures post-hospital care is delivered as planned.
- Meets with enrollee regularly (as determined by individual risks) in order to monitor progress according to the Care Coordination Plan. Reminds enrollee of self-management tools and crisis support. Informs and engages the Care Coordination Team if enrollee has difficulty adhering to the care coordination plan or adhering to treatment and needs additional support.
- Works with enrollee and family/supports to engage in socialization, work or volunteer related activities, or access community resources and services.
- Maintains up to date documentation in the Care Coordination Plan and other Health Services tools. Prepares information for Care Coordination Team meetings and as requested, for shared treatment planning sessions.
Education: Bachelor’ s degree is REQUIRED - The degree can be in health or social sciences, behavioral health or related fields.
License: LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) - Highly Preferred
Experience: Managed care experience. Experience documenting in a clinical record or information system, preferred.
- 2+ years of working Mental Health in medical/behavioral health field & working in case management. Care coordination activities & referral of resources. Community service, health care or social services. Community-based or home health care experience required.
- Experience with individuals who have severe mental illness or chronic medical conditions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Knowledge of local community resources preferred. Familiarity with health care coding (ICD, DSM) preferred.
Senior Recruiting Manager
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.