House Manager needed in Silicon Valley
Santa Clara, CA 95053
We are hiring a House Manager in Silicon Valley. (95053)
We expect the House Manager/ Mentor to live on-site and within reason, be on call and available to the residents of the house. He or she might also be working remotely at another job, or could be a full or part-time student pursuing an advanced degree. Specific details of the commitment will depend on the candidate(s)' experience and desires. This is a short-term position through January, 2021 with the possibility of becoming long-term. Open to individuals, couples, and all genders.
- Be available on site for emergencies and emotional support
- Coordinate with the Resident Assistant on communal dinners, house meetings and smooth operation of household
- Suggest and support the 12-step and other meaningful programs, as appropriate
- Assist Resident Assistant in troubleshooting household maintenance issues as needed--coordinate with landlord, cleaners, handyman, etc.
- Liaise with parents/founders/case manager as needed, to support residents’ physical, emotional and mental well-being
- Lend an ear to residents in need
Relevant experience(s) and qualifications might include:
- Meaningful years of sobriety with a significant commitment to the recovery community, and an interest in supporting young adults
- Completed or are pursuing a graduate degree in counseling psychology, social work, psychology, or equivalent
- Clinical experience in wilderness therapy, residential inpatient, community outpatient, school counseling, or young adult transition
- An interest in and experience with addiction counseling, mentoring, life coaching, dual diagnosis, behavioral health, program management or social work, with an emphasis on college students, young adults or adolescents
COMPENSATION AND ACCOMMODATION
Aside from a competitive hourly wage, the House Manager/ Mentor will live on site in the beautiful apartment above the garage with a separate entrance.
If you are interested in further information, please send the most updated copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org