Housing Navigator needed in Alhambra, CA
Alhambra, California 91802 | Full-Time Temporary
We are in need of a temporary Housing Navigator in Alhambra, CA.
This position pays $16.50 an hour.
SUMMARY: The Housing Navigator conducts outreach and housing navigation activities with a focus on chronically homeless individuals. The Housing Navigator uses a universal assessment tool to determine vulnerability, assists individuals with collecting documents necessary for housing, and provides linkage to ongoing supportive services. The Housing Navigator will address the individuals’ immediate needs and work to engage them in the housing navigation process. The Housing Navigator is the primary point of contact with program participants and provides screening, triage, crisis intervention, access to bridge housing, and transportation services, with the goal of assisting chronically homeless individuals with moving into permanent housing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts outreach activities to engage chronically homeless individuals toward pursuing permanent housing options.
- Receives, assesses and triages referrals from walk-ins and other collaborative partners.
- Conducts standardized screening and triages chronically homeless individuals.
- Assists individuals with collecting documents necessary for applying for permanent supportive housing.
- Attends case conferencing meetings to coordinate services with other providers.
- Connects individuals to supportive services as needed such as mental health, health, substance abuse, employment, etc.
- Accurately document services and complete data entry into HMIS database.
- Provide linkage to mainstream resources, such as DPSS or Social Security Disability.
- Provide transportation assistance for the purposes of stabilizing the current housing crisis.
- Conduct follow-up activities to ensure completion of the crisis housing plan.
- Identify appropriate interventions to address and resolve the homeless status of program participants.
- Assists individuals with accessing permanent housing opportunities including permanent supportive housing, move-in assistance, shared housing, affordable housing, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher in social work or related field required
Related professional certification, i.e. CADAC, LVN, LPT, AND a minimum of two year professional case management or related experience
A minimum of four years of relevant experience.
- Experience assisting low and very-low income individuals access affordable housing.
- Experience working with homeless individuals preferred.
- Knowledge of transitional and permanent housing resources throughout Los Angeles County.
- Knowledge of HUD guidelines and experience working with subsidized housing programs such as Section 8, Shelter Plus Care and others.
- Current in knowledge of social work practices and principles related to best practice standards.
- Possess valid California driver’ s license and have access to properly registered vehicle.
If you are interested and can interview and start quickly, please send the most updated copy of your resume to email@example.com
National Recruiting Manager
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.