Stockton, CA 95204
The Infection Preventionist plans, develops, directs, implements and evaluates infection prevention within a skilled nursing facility setting. This position is supervised by the Director of Nursing and serves to instruct personnel in proper infection control procedure. The Infection Preventionist investigates infection control problems and arranges follow-up care for residents/clients and staff exposed to infectious diseases.
Education and Experience:
- Have primary professional training in nursing, medical technology, microbiology, epidemiology, or other related field;
- Be qualified by education, training, experience or certification;
- Work at least part-time at the facility; and
- Have completed specialized training in infection prevention and control.
- The individual designated as the IP, or at least one of the individuals if there is more than one IP, must be a member of the facility’ s quality assessment and assurance committee and report to the committee on the IPCP on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills necessary to interact in a professional manner with staff, physicians, clients, auditing entities from the state or county, visitors and management.
- Demonstrates leadership, creativity, and management skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations regarding resident/client care and infections control. Ability to write reports and other forms of correspondence.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, rates and results.
- Ability to respond to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.