Inpatient Behavioral Health Director
Lafayette, IN 47901
We are in need of a Inpatient Behavioral Health Director in Lafayette, IN.
The Inpatient Behavioral Health Director is responsible for the day to day management of the assigned inpatient program. Under the direction of the Vice President Clinical Services and in collaboration with Medical Director, ensures the appropriate admission, assessment, treatment and discharge of inpatients in conjunction with referral sources, community agencies, family and collateral contacts, etc. Manages key relationships internal and external to the organization, and shares responsibility for effective budgetary management of units. Responsible for effective use of resources assigned to areas of responsibility.
Credentials and Competencies Required
- Must be at least masters level clinician, MSW, MS or MA, MSN, or HSPP.
- Demonstrated clinical competency in treatment of mentally ill including participating in a multidisciplinary team in formulation of individual treatment plans, giving care and therapy and directing, monitoring, and evaluating the care furnished.
- Ability to exercise both clinical and managerial judgment and decision making as needed
- Hospital management and inpatient experience required
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, coworkers and other agencies
- Manages time effectively, prioritizes effectively and is self-motivated
- State regulations relevant to operation of a psychiatric hospital or unit
- CMS regulations regarding treatment of psychiatric patients
- Joint Commission regulations for hospitals
- Budgeting process
If you are interested in further information, please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to email@example.com