LCSW needed in Los Feliz
Los Angeles, CA 90029
We are looking for an LCSW in Los Feliz, CA. We are open to part or full time.
This position will work in collaboration with the mental health team, which consists of the Medical Director, lead mental health physician, Adult and Senior Services manager, and Case Coordinator, to serve as a Behavioral Health Consultant. The Behavioral Health Consultant provides assessment, brief interventions, psycho-education, teaching life skills and consultation services as part of this multidisciplinary team within a primary care setting. The LCSW will be using brief therapy techniques, value based goal setting, habit forming, and self-directed behavior modification strategies.
- Must have current CA license.
- A minimum of 2 years of independent counseling experience.
- Flexible, pragmatic, and comfortable with the idea that people can change in many ways.
- Must be non-judgmental of lifestyle and/or beliefs of clients, but act as a change agent when the patient has difficulty in their lives.
- Knowledge/experience with behavior modification strategies such as motivational interviewing, condensed skill building (behavioral activation), and value based strategies preferred.
- Background/training in crisis work or solution focused therapy, brief focused interventions, or other time limited therapy preferred.
- Ability to work as a member of a team in order to solicit input from other affected departments or individuals, communicate pertinent information to other team members, and support team decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and exercise sound and responsible judgment.
If you are interested in further information please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to