LCSW with a Substance Abuse Certification
3834 S Western Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90062
We are in need of a LCSW with a Substance Abuse Certification (CCAPP) to work in Los Angeles, CA.
Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Operations Officer, the Substance Abuse Counselor LCSW will also provide mental health services to -patients. The Substance Abuse Counselor LCSW will assess and treat individuals with mental, emotional, or substance abuse problems, including abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and/or other drugs. Activities may include individual and group therapy, crisis intervention, case management, client advocacy, prevention, and education. In addition, the Substance Abuse Counselor LCSW will participate in the multi-disciplinarian teams for specialty care (e.g. obstetrics, diabetics and hypertensive patients and HIV).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates in educational activities in health centers to improve knowledge of substance abuse and behavioral health related areas.
- Monitors and documents client/patient progress in substance abuse/behavioral health recovery.
- Counsels patients/clients regarding community resources such as housing and/or employment or treatment services available to help prevent or cope with relapses.
- Counsels patients/clients to prevent relapses by assisting them in recognizing causal factors of substance abuse/behavioral illness and in developing appropriate coping behaviors.
- Participates with the treatment team of clinicians and release planners in developing, implementing, and evaluating treatment or therapy approaches for patients/clients, family members, and significant others in all phases of comprehensive substance abuse and/or behavioral health treatment programs.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- One year of experience in a substance abuse program with experience providing physical assessment of patients, counseling of individuals, families and groups, and documentation.
- One year of interviewing and participating in the development of therapy and treatments as it relates to substance abuse.
- Must possess a Master’ s degree in Clinical Social Work (LCSW), with significant course work in substance abuse treatment.
- Registration or certification as an alcohol and drug counselor in California by The California Consortium of Addiction Program and Professionals (CCAPP).
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- A valid California Driver' s license, and access to insured automobile.
- Experience utilizing an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system is highly desirable
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
If you are interested in further information, please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Recruiting Manager