3200 Highway 100 South St. Louis Park, MN 55416 US
A leading non-profit organization with expertise in literacy, dyslexia, study skills, and teaching the process of learning, is seeking a Licensed Psychologist to provide diagnostic evaluations to students of all ages. The psychologist administers diagnostic assessments to determine why a student is struggling in school, and where the learning process is breaking down. Psychologists go beyond the diagnosis to empower parents, guardians, and students with a clear understanding of the learning challenges and provide tools and a plan of action that ignites the child’s success. Each member of the diagnostic department may embrace a unique blend of work, ranging from assessment to strategic initiative work, depending on their areas of expertise and professional interests.
- Conducts student clinical interviews, psycho-educational assessments, and feedback sessions.
- Selects and administers a battery of assessments covering cognitive, memory, academic, executive functioning, and social-emotional functioning skills.
- Collaborates with providers (e.g., teachers, therapists) to develop a comprehensive understanding of the client’s strengths and areas of need.
- Makes clinical diagnoses as per DSM-5-TR and provides educational accommodations and recommendations to address all areas of need.
- Develops a comprehensive, synthesized report that is presented to parents and/or student during feedback.
- Serves as an ongoing consultant to parents to enhance their understanding of neurological development and behavioral performance.
- Support and participate in organization-wide strategic initiatives and projects surrounding data, supervision opportunities, research, mental health, student progress, etc. Initiatives and projects may be long-term or short-term in nature.
- Psychologist licensed by their state board. Minnesota-licensed psychologists are preferred but will consider dynamic out-of-state licensed psychologist willing to obtain Minnesota licensure.
- Trained in the assessment and diagnosis of learning disorders, ADHD, dyslexia, and other neuro-developmental disorders, including work with children, adolescents, and adults.
- Two years minimum related experience working as a psychologist in an educational or clinical institution preferred.
- Skilled in psychological and psycho-educational report writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of public-school special education services, including eligibility criteria for services and 504 Accommodation Plans is a plus.
Competitive salary and benefits! Terrific quality of work-life! Financial assistance for relocation where applicable.
Join a vibrant community where students, families, faculty, and staff are engaged with a sense of belonging, sharing, and support. As a community, integrity, and respect are intrinsic. Differences and successes are celebrated.
If you are interested in further information, please provide an updated copy of your resume, salary requirements, and a good time to contact you, to Daniel@PsychPros.com.