Managing Director, Mental Health & Addiction Services
3402 Pico Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90405 US
We are hiring for a Managing Director in Santa Monica.
In partnership with the Vice President, Health and Human Services, the Managing Director of Mental Health and Addiction Services will spearhead all elements of the mental health and addiction services team strategy and execution. The position will be responsible for overseeing, expanding, and enhancing all elements of the mental health and addiction service program delivery. An effective and established leader, he/she has the ability to motivate a small team to leverage and enhance mental health and addiction services provider relationships and networks, and works across private, public, and corporate sectors to expand resources and opportunities of assistance that directly impact the health and well-being of the music industry.
WHAT YOU' LL DO
- Develop and oversee mental health and addiction service program delivery, including (but not limited to) temporary financial assistance for mental health and addiction-related issues, disaster relief, mental health and addiction prevention, and support services.
- Supervise and lead mental health and addiction services team to ensure effective and efficient service delivery to clients with a particular emphasis on underserved/diverse populations
- With the help of the VP, establish and advance the overall vision and strategy of mental health and addiction services program delivery
- Evaluation and examine ROI of current mental health and addiction programs to determine impact and viability
- Assure grant/contract compliance and program deliverables are met
- In partnership with VP create and execute vision-driven services with quantifiable year-over-year positive results
- Contribute to the development and implementation of organization' s strategic vision and plan
- Enhance and expand the database of mental health and addiction services resources, providers, and treatment options. Build partnerships and relationships at the state, local and national levels and serve as the department advocate
- Negotiate reduced rate, quality services for clients; preserving charitable dollars whenever possible, while tracking departmental annual cost savings
- Prioritize data management to uncover new opportunities and ensure all activities are measurable for efficiency and maximized results.
- Compile, track and analyze statistical departmental data, developing proposals and subsequent departmental reporting for the board of directors, grant writing, and internal and external partners
- Responsible for weekly and monthly internal program and budget reports and dashboard metrics.
- Collaborate with staff and Chapter offices to promote preventive services, encourage membership participation and expand networks.
- In partnership with the VP, select, assign, direct and evaluate the performance of team members; overseeing the development and ensuring training opportunities for the team.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Masters degree in social services field
- 7 years-plus experience in human/social services/addiction field
- Passion for the mission and proven servant leadership mindset.
- Proven track record working with underserved populations
- Strong working knowledge of public benefits and non-public human service programs to assist those in need
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to interact with a variety of different constituents.
- Creative leader with excellent collaborative, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, and strategic thinking skills.