Medical Director (Psychiatrist)
375 Cambridge Avenue Palo Alto, CA 94306
PsychPros is seeking a Medical Director (Psychiatrist) to work in San Jose, California.
The Staff Psychiatrist serves as Medical Director of a small community-based medical clinic, and provides clinical guidance to clinic and program staff. Services are intended to provide stabilization and increased independence for clients with serious mental illness.
Experience, Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Provide direct psychiatric services. Assure that agency clients receive appropriate evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, medical screening and medical/psychiatric evaluation whenever indicated, and that all medical/psychiatric care is appropriately documented in the medical record.
- Conduct psychiatric assessments and make diagnoses; prescribe, dispense, and monitor medication efficacy of clinic clients. Complete assessments for new clients within two weeks of referral. Update medication orders at every visit. Order and review labs on a timely basis. See clients for drop-in, emergency appointments. Cover other physician’ s caseloads as needed.
- Lead psychiatric staff (Psychiatrists and Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner) per standardized procedures, and represent agency regarding psychiatric needs.
- Prior experience with SMI/DD strongly preferred. Experience in psychiatric rehabilitation, preferably in a social rehabilitation environment. Experience in community field work desirable.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, including email and Internet navigation required. Experience with Human Service Information Systems strongly preferred.
- Promote the philosophy and practice of psychosocial rehabilitation and the recovery model.
- Physician licensed by the State of California, with Board eligible or certification in primary care or medical sub-specialty, current DEA and CPR certification.
- Prior experience in psychiatric rehabilitation, preferably in a social rehabilitation environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of the following evidence-based models: Psycho social Rehabilitation, ACT Model, Full Service Partnership, Harm Reduction, Housing First, and Motivational Interviewing is preferred.
- Current techniques and dynamics of individual, couple, family and group psychotherapy.
- Must be a dynamic self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently on special projects.
If you are interested in further information, please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to Daniel@PsychPros.com.