Mental Health RN
Vallejo, CA 94589
We are hiring for a RN to work full time in the Vallejo and/ or Fairfield area.
Position Description: Under supervision of the Program Director, the Registered Nurse is responsible for assisting clients in the Older Adult Full Service Partnership program and Crisis Facility with their psychiatric needs. The Registered Nurse will work in conjunction with the Program Director to ensure successful operation of the Medication Clinic and overall quality assurance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide nurse case management to mentally ill older adults.
- Ensure compliance and quality services for MHSA primary care program.
- Provide medical care and consultation to residents of Crisis facility.
- Administer medications as ordered by psychiatrists, including long-lasting injections; assist clients with re-scheduling for medication appointments.
- Document within 24 hours of intervention all skilled care, treatment planning, and interventions according to agency, County, and MediCal billing and quality assurance requirements.
Requirements, Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing. Must hold a valid RN license from the California Board of Nursing. Specialization in Geriatrics preferred.
- Minimum one year demonstrated experience with SMI/DD strongly preferred.
- Experience with quality assurance preferred.
- Experience in psychiatric rehabilitation, preferably in a social rehabilitation environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CARF accreditation process.
- Knowledge of the following evidence-based models: Psychosocial Rehabilitation, ACT Model, Full Service Partnership, Harm Reduction, Housing First, and Motivational Interviewing preferred.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including email and Internet navigation required. Experience with Human Service Information Systems strongly preferred. Experience with web based time and attendance and staff training and development system strongly preferred.
If you are interested in further information, please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Recruiting Manager