Mental Health Specialist/ LCSW
1060 Webber Street The Dalles, OR 97058
The Mental Health Specialist 1 provides culturally competent, appropriate, and trauma-informed crisis and behavioral health treatment for assigned clients. This position provides counseling and education for individuals, couples, families and groups. The Mental Health Specialist 1 provides behavioral health services to other community agencies, coordinates behavioral health services with other community and State resources, and performs related work as required. Incumbents must demonstrate cultural sensitivity and understanding of how culture influences and impacts behavioral health services while incorporating this understanding into trauma-informed care.
Master' s degree in social work, psychology, psychiatric nursing or other related field AND
• Two (2) years’ professional experience providing behavioral health counseling.
• Some position will require alcohol and drug counselor certification (CADC 1 or CADC 2).
MCCFL Job Description – Mental Health Specialist 1 – February, 2017
• Bilingual fluency Spanish/English is preferred, and may be required for some positions.
• Professional licensure in the State of Oregon as an LCSW or LPC, or must have the ability to obtain this licensure within two (02) years of hire is preferred (and may be required for some MHS1 positions).
• Incumbent must obtain certification from the Department of Human Services as a Mental Health Investigator and Mental Health Examiner. Incumbent must keep certification current and in good standing.
• Must possess a valid Oregon or Washington Driver' s License, maintain an acceptable driving record and be insurable for client service purposes and for travel between business office for meetings and/or trainings. This position must pass all criminal history check requirements
LCSW- Mental Health Specialist Adult- The Dalles
-$4, 515.00 - $4, 979.00
If you are interested in applying please send your resume to email@example.com