Mental Health Technician needed in Kalispell, MT
310 Sunnyview Lane Kalispell, MT 59901 US
This position provides care, treatment and supervision of patients/clients and documents behavior. Implements treatment plans, provides crisis intervention, and promotes and maintains a positive therapeutic environment as applicable to assigned area(s).
• Bachelor’ s degree in psychology/sociology, education or related field preferred. Other combinations of education and experience may
• Minimum of one (1) year experience working with psychiatric, chemical dependent, child/adolescent psychiatric patients preferred.
• Current CPR or BLS certification as applicable to assigned area(s) must be successfully obtained within thirty (30) days of hire.
• De-escalation Training required within twelve (12) months of hire.
• Knowledge of cultural, ethnic, social, historical and spiritual issues relevant to the provision of mental health treatment preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of cultural, ethnic, social, historical and spiritual issues relevant to the provision of mental health treatment
• Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, a self-starter, possess critical thinking skills and be able to set priorities and function as
part of a team as well as independently.
• Commitment to working in a team environment and maintaining confidentiality as needed.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with various audiences.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
• Possess and maintain computer skills to include working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn other software as
Job Specific Duties:
• Contributes to the effective implementation of individual treatment plans. Provides limited one-to-one contact with patient/client and
assists with focus on aftercare and transition planning.
• Ensures patient/client and their environment are safe, completes safety checks, remains alert to potential problems and/or unsafe
environment and reports concerns to appropriate leadership as applicable to assigned area(s).
• Delivers basic patient/client care under the direction / supervision of leadership as applicable to assigned area(s). Accurately
documents all care given in the electronic medical record in a timely manner.
• Consistently exercises good judgment and professionally responds to stressful and non-stressful situations. Remains calm when deescalating
patient/client. Recognizes and implements least restrictive to more restrictive interventions based on De-escalation training.
• Stimulates patient/client’ s interest and cooperation in various individual and/or group activities and programs. Performs positive
interactions, instruction, oversight, feedback and encouragement.
• Identifies at risk patient/clients and develops safety plan based on assessments as needed. Relays information and/or issues to
• Oversees patient/clients in aspects of their day including school, therapy groups and recreational activities as applicable to assigned
If you are interested in more information, please send over a copy of your resume and a good time to call you to email@example.com