1001 E Touhy Ave. #50 Des Plaines, IL 60018
We are hiring for a Nurse Practitioner on the North Side of Chicago. This is a part time role working 16-20 hours per week.
The Nurse Practitioner will provide psychiatric evaluations and medication management to adult patients in an outpatient setting and will collaborate with treatment staff regarding care and treatment of shared clients between staff and programs.
- Provide direct services to clients and families through evaluations, assessments, medication monitoring, education of medication purpose/side effects, diagnosis, and treatment options
- Obtain relevant health histories as needed
- Order and interpret finding of relevant diagnostic and laboratory tests as needed
- Diagnose psychiatric disorders and differentiate psychiatric presentations of medical conditions from psychiatric disorders
- Develop differential diagnosis and work with the client, family, and multidisciplinary behavioral health team to facilitate treatment needs
- Prescribe psychotropic and related medications based on clinical indicators and provide medication training to client, including effects, side effects, and contraindications.
- Work with nursing staff and behavioral health team to support timely access to medications, including working with pharmacies and pharmacy benefits
- Assist with identifying, obtaining and maintaining community linkages to necessary services
- Participate in clinical staffing and case consultations
- Available by phone for acute care/critical needs of clients
- Collaborative Documentation Required.
- Graduation from an Accredited School of Medicine or Nursing; certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center as an advanced practice nurse practitioner with training in psychiatric nursing. Licensed as Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by NC Board of Nursing; Clinical Nurse Specialist with the same credentials.
- The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner must have verifiable experience treating with mental health diagnoses.
- Requires knowledge and the ability to practically implement mental health regulations and psychiatric services
- Requires effective communication, decision-making, analytical, interpersonal, leadership, and professionalism skills and abilities
- Must become proficient in electronic health records
If you are interested in further information, please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to email@example.com