Outreach and Engagement Specialist
355 Lexington Avenue FL 2 New York, New York 10017 | Full-Time Temporary
We are in need of a temporary Outreach and Engagement Specialist in New York 10017.
Job Title: Outreach and Engagement Specialist
Our clients Health Home Care Coordination program works in partnership with medical and behavioral health providers to align services that promote access to care and enhanced health outcomes for Medicaid recipients with a history or risk of over-utilizing medical and behavioral health services. Using an integrated medical-behavioral health approach, our team conducts face-to-face and telephonic outreach, provides assessment, intervention, referral, linkage, monitoring and service planning for individuals with complex medical conditions, severe mental illness, substance abuse and long-term care needs. Care Coordinators work closely with networks of clinical service providers to manage identified needs, stabilize participants and reduce health care costs.
The Outreach and Engagement Specialist conducts telephonic, written and face-to-face outreach and retention services to coordinate care for Health Home Care Coordination eligible clients. Outreach staff work closely with the Care Coordination team to identify, locate, engage and enroll clients eligible for Health Home services. The Outreach and Engagement specialist assists the team by providing information about community resources that can support client wellness goals.
- Provide telephonic, written and face to face outreach and orientation services for each Health Home eligible client in order to facilitate Health Home enrollment and retention
- Utilize internet databases, health record systems, and other resources to explore client eligibility and contact information
- Utilize Electronic Health/Medical Record system(s) of assigned Health Home(s) and NADAP database tools to maintain ongoing clinical documentation and records upholding all HIPAA regulations and confidentiality protocols to record each interaction with every client served.
- Assist Care Coordinators in securing and identifying needed referrals to community and network medical, behavioral health and social assistance providers through telephonic, written, and/or face to face outreach, research, and maintenance of the program resource directory
- Provide follow up services via telephonic or face to face engagement with clients and service planning partners as needed to coordinate reminder calls, medication and wellness checks upon request from the Care Coordination team
- Participate in conjoint meetings or client transports with other Care Coordination staff
- Provide oral and/or written status updates regarding client alerts, progress, regress, and needs to responsible Care Coordinator(s) and supervisor, and any service providers, legal mandate, or other care plan affiliates as needed to assist the program and clients
- Attend meetings and case conferences in the community
This position requires the candidate to be on the field about 75% of the time and take mass transit to travel from one site location to another.
- 1-2 years of job-related experience providing medical, mental health or substance abuse-focused services to individuals with chronic medical conditions and/or severe and persistent mental illness
- Education: High school diploma required
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing and computer skills
- Ability to engage clients and diffuse difficult situations
- Must be able to travel via mass transit within New York City 75% of the time
- Bilingual Spanish, Russian, or Chinese a plus
The hours are flexible Monday through Sunday. The pay is $16.50 an hour.
I you are interested and can start ASAP please send the most updated copy of your resume and a good time to contact you to email@example.com
National Recruiting Manager
National Recruiting Manager
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.