PT Psychiatrist/Medical Director-Remote
7 Bishop Street Bldg 29 Framingham, MA 01702 US
In this role, the Medical Director is responsible for establishing all medical policies and procedures throughout the programs and for coordinating and supervising the practice of all medical staff including nursing and staff psychiatrists. The Medical Director oversees the compliance of the agency's medical services to applicable standards of care and provides psychiatric expertise for complex cases and quality assurance systems when needed.
This is a part-time contracted position for 4- 8 hours per week. The Medical Director must be available to the center and satellite sites during the center’s operating hours, either onsite or remotely, for consultation and support of clinic operations to ensure the provision of high-quality care. The Medical Director must be available to be onsite during any hours of clinic operation, with advanced notice, as needed.
- Coordinate delivery of psychiatric services across the behavioral health division.
- Collaborate and meet with all medical staff to review work issues and provide supervision according to regulatory body requirements.
- Review the behavioral health medical policies and procedures, and revise as needed, establishing policies that reflect best practices in compliance with performance specifications and industry standards.
- Serve as primary psychiatrist on Multi-Disciplinary Treatment Review Team.
- Represent the agency in a positive manner and maintain good working relationships with other agencies and professionals.
- Support and maintain a high-performance environment characterized by positive leadership and a strong team orientation; support CEO-approved agency goals and philosophies, sharing a fundamental philosophy that enhances the agency’s global reputation within the community.
- Communicate regularly with staff on progress toward defined goals of Senior Management team; provide specific feedback and initiate corrective action when defined goals and/or required results are not met.
- Motivate staff to embrace the philosophies and goals of the Senior Management team.
- Attend job related meetings; maintain regular and reliable attendance record.
- Other related duties as determined by the Chief Executive Officer or designee.
- Provide support to behavioral health team.
- Conduct medication reviews and monitoring as needed.
- Provide medical and psychiatric consultations to staff.
- Evaluate or assist in the evaluation of clients in need of emergency treatment services for possible hospitalization.
- Complete necessary reports and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Comply the DMH, DPH and other licensing authorities, and third-party payor regulations regarding record-keeping.
- Massachusetts licensed Physician with Board certification in psychiatry and DEA certification
- Certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties in his/her respective specialty.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional post-residency experience in direct patient care.
- Knowledge of psychiatric practice, quality assurance, quality improvement, and risk management.
- Strategic and innovative thinker with proven ability to communicate a vision and drive results.
- Demonstrated management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve problems and execute initiatives.
- Ability to work collaboratively internally and externally.