Part Time Psychiatrist needed in Los Feliz
4216 Fountain Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90029 US
We are hiring for a PT Psychiatrist in Los Feliz.
Provides quality and cost effective consulting Psychiatric services in Los Feliz. The Psychiatrist shall provide specialist level Mental and Behavioral Health care including diagnostic assessment of neuropsychiatric illness, treatment modalities in collaboration and working closely with Primary Care Providers and consultative advice to LCSWs. While medications may be co-managed, titration of dose for optimal effect is considered desired care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides care to patients by evaluating medical and psychosocial conditions.
- Develops and implements treatment plans, including prescription of psychotropic medications.
- Monitors and evaluates treatment results titrating where possible for optimal benefit with lowest dose and side effects
- Evaluates patients by interviewing patient (family, and other persons as necessary); conducting physical examinations; observing behaviors; reviewing medical history and related documents; selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests, if available; and ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
- Develops treatment plans by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders and establishing treatment goals and methodologies.
- Treats patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications; explaining goals of care, discussing progress toward goals with patients; providing instructions; monitoring effect of medications;
- Maintains interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress, and consulting and collaborating with primary care physicians, LCSWs and mental health team members, nurses, and other health care providers. Co-manage medications if necessary.
- Assures quality and safe service for patients and staff by enforcing policies, procedures, standards, rules, and legal regulations; participating in utilization reviews; and remaining available for emergency consultations.
- Records shall be kept in the supplied EHR which has been certified for Mental Health use. These records are to be freely assessable for review by Primary Care Providers who refer Patients. This is needed so that Providers do not work at cross-purposes and collaborate in optimal care. Private treatment notes should not be kept separately.
- Maintains records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events and writing summaries.
- Provide case conference consultation for LCSWs for refractory cases.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Meet productivity - 2 patients an hour. Patients who need more time shall be seen at more frequent intervals or recommendations given for collaborative care with LCSWs and Primary Care Provider.
- Meet HEDIS and QI measures as they may apply.
- Complete medical record documentation within 72 hours of visits and review labs ordered, per CMS guidelines
- Maintain professional and culturally sensitive bedside manner.
- Cooperate with Medical Director and Director of Process Improvement to optimize treatment response outcomes and their measurement. These goals are defined by HRSA UDS metrics (aligned with CMS standards of care) and may also include Health Plan goals.
- Completion of a psychiatric residency or a family medicine/psychiatry residency in an ACGME approved residency program
- Current BC/BE in Psychiatry (American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in psychiatry)
- Valid state medical license as MD or DO
- Valid DEA certificate
- 2 years’ experience working full-time as a psychiatrist with ability to provide general psychiatric assessment and treatment of both children and adults.