14100 Magellan Plaza Astoria, NY 11106 | Full-Time Temporary
Psychiatric Technician opportunity in Astoria, NY
Tech performs the basic duties of a pharmacy technician in all designated sites. Including and not limited to, prescription data entry, as well as communicate and coordinate with all parties necessary to insure timely shipping and delivery of prescription orders. Pulls and labels medication for pharmacist verification. Packs medications appropriately and affixes a shipping label after the order has been verified by a pharmacist. Performs all basic duties of a pharmacy technician allowable by legal licensure and registration
- Under the supervision of a pharmacist, picks and affixes labels to packages of prepackaged and unit dose drugs in accordance with the dispensing order. Prepares and affixes shipping labels to the individual patient shipping containers.
- Answers external phone calls pertinent to department assignment.
- Assembles and packages medications, supplies and equipment in appropriate shipping containers.
- Assists with maintaining accurate inventory through pulling expirations.
- Attends designated department meetings as scheduled.
- Communicates and coordinates internally with customer service, billing, pharmacy, and shipping departments to move patient orders through the system and meet the promised delivery date.
- Communicates by phone and fax as necessary with patient, physician office, and insurance to make sure pharmacy has most updated prescription and prior authorization information on file.
- Creates pre-packages supply items.
- Maintains necessary licensure needed for pharmacy technicians.
- Maintains the pharmacy department according to state and federal regulations.
- Picks supplies and equipment for patient orders as indicated on the delivery ticket.
- Prepares delivery tickets including prescription and supply items as necessary.
- Prints delivery tickets, collates and triages delivery tickets according to excursion data.
- Receives and processes data entry of new and refill prescriptions in the pharmacy computer system.
- Recognizes and identifies various classifications of medications, dosage form and routes of administration.
- Verifies prescription elements are present on all prescriptions.
- Evaluates and authorizes approval of prior authorization pharmacy requests from prescribers received by telephone and/or facsimile using client clinical criteria. Communicates decision to physicians, physician' s office staff, medical management staff and/or pharmacists.
- Researches, resolves and documents prior authorization outcomes in pharmacy system.
- Communicates selected prior authorization criteria, pharmacy benefit coverage and formulary alternatives to physicians, physician' s office staff, medical management staff and/or pharmacists.
- Escalates requests to Pharmacist when request requires extensive clinical review or denial.
- Researches, resolves and documents physician or client inquiries and grievances and provides verbal or written results to client, prescriber, provider and/or management.
- Performs other duties as required.
6 months – 1 year of Pharmacy technician experience in prescription entry, picking, labeling and preparing medication orders for pharmacist verification.
Schedule – 830am – 6pm (No Weekends)
PTCB – Required
Knowledge of IV and Chemo drugs is a plus
CPR+ Experience – Preferred not required
Senior Recruiting Manager
We strongly recommend using any browser except IE9 since it is no longer supported by Microsoft. This will ensure that your resume and information are properly received.