24 Second Ave San Mateo, CA 94401
We are assisting a social service agency in San Mateo, Ca with their search for a full-time Program Director to oversee their adult services program. The Program Director is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Peer Counseling Program for older adults. This position manages peer-to-peer counseling and the volunteer program. In addition, the role will manage a staff of five peer counseling coordinators.
- Manages the Peer Counseling and volunteer programs.
- Supervises, evaluates, and trains staff.
- Manages the coordination of referrals, in-service training, status of volunteers and clients.
- Receives referrals, screens referrals for eligibility, matches client to Peer counselor or forwards referral to supervision group leader.
- Understand contract/grant terms and conditions to ensure program outcome requirements are met and services are rendered to participants.
- Monitor program data and report on activities for our stakeholders and grantees.
- Follows policies and guidelines as established by the San Mateo County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services.
- Recruits Peer Counseling Program’ s participants through development of written materials, publicity, public speaking, and liaison with community organizations.
- Coordinate and provide ongoing training for new peer counselors.
- Provide appropriate training and supervision to program coordinators and clinical consultants.
- Provide in-service trainings to established peer counselors at least three times per year.
- Provide direct supervision for peer counselors at least once per month.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualified candidates will have a master’ s degree and LCSW or LMFT license in good standing in the state of California. Must have at least two years of management experience with a strong background working with older adults in a therapeutic setting. Strong team-building and organizational skills are a must, as well as solid computer skills including email, MSWord, database programs.
*The employer offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package.